The Pointed Markings
- The ‘point’ patterning on a Raggie refers to the nose, both front and back feet, the ears, and the tail.
- All of these ‘points’ will be blue on a blue point Ragdoll cat(blue = a wonderful warm gray/taupe color, varying in intensity from cat to cat)
- Then the rest of the body of the blue point cat is a somewhat lighter colour of blue than the blue points.
- The blue points can best be described as a slate blue to a warm gray color. The body is not white, but a ‘faded’ more pale version of the blue points.
My Second Ragdoll Cat
A few weeks after adopting my first Ragdoll cat many years ago, I received a call from the breeder. She asked if I was interested in adopting the brother of the female I had brought home. She said ‘At least, come and see him’.
I knew this would be a mistake, but I visited the breeder anyway.
This little blue colour point was a real little go getter. Needless to say, I brought him home.
He developed into the absolute sweetest, most gentle cat I have ever known.
MacIntosh was very docile, loyal and loving, the text book description of the perfect Ragdoll cat. He lived a long and good life.
I miss him terribly.
- 10 Ways to Add Precious Years to the Life of Your Cat
- The 5 Criteria To Help You Choose a Great Cat Breeder
- The Importance of Establishing Routines For Your Cat
- Why Are They Called Ragdoll Cats?