Holistic veterinary care is an alternative health care style available to pet owners.
Holistic vet cat care differs greatly with the conventional style of cat care most cat owners are familiar with. This style of care involves taking into consideration the physical, mental and spiritual being of the cat.
A holistic cat care vet is not only interested in the physical issues the cat is having, but they are also very interested in a cat’s past and present behaviours, their personality and preferences, little idiosyncrasies, diet and things that a conventional vet may consider trivial or unimportant.
This knowledge can give a holistic vet clues to identifying the cat’s health issue and can in turn determine which treatment plan and remedies will work best for the cat.
Not a One Size Fits All Treatment
Each cat is treated as an individual. A remedy or treatment plan is not just a one size fits all treatment.
For example, if a cat has itchy bald spots, every cat with this symptom won’t be given the same holistic remedy, as would be with conventional cat care treatment.
Benefits of Natural Cat Care For Your Fur Baby
- Gentle. a non-invasive gentle approach to cat health care
- Cause no harm. Holistic remedies and treatments will not cause undue harm to the cat
- Safe treatments. Conventional treatments can include toxic chemicals such as common treatments for fleas
- Work well. Holistic methods and remedies work well
- Can save $$ – Can truly save cat owners money in the long run, as preventative measures are often part of your cat’s care plan.
- Prevention Gives Quality of Life. I take the health care of my boys very seriously. They are part of my family and I treat them accordingly. The best of health care is so important. Quality of life for them is also of high importance. The financial and emotional cost of loosing a much loved cat can be very high, so preventative care for my boys is a big priority for me. For preventative care, I have relied on holistic cat care and treatment for well over 2 decades for my cats.
- Treatment Variety. Provides a variety of treatments to choose from such as Acupuncture, Reiki, chiropractic care, natural holistic remedies, wholesome healthy diet recommendations.
Disadvantages of Holistic Veterinary Care For Your Cat
It’s always good to look at both sides of a concept in order that you can make the best choice. Here are some of the disadvantage of this style of cat care.
- Sometimes slow to be effective. Sometimes natural methods of healing can take longer to be effective, especially for a chronic condition.
- Not suitable for emergencies. Not effective for emergency, time-sensitive health issues and situations. For more urgent matters, conventional vet care is always the #1 choice for emergency care or where natural methods do not work quickly enough.
- Expensive. Holistic veterinary care for your cat can be expensive. It is considered a specialized treatment and holistic vets are not common, especially in non-urban areas.
- Can be difficult to find a holistic vet. Hard to find in non-urban areas.
- Any vet can put out their shingle advertising ‘Holistic Vet’. There is not a clear definition of just exactly what holistic cat care consists of. Some vets advertise their treatments to be holistic and charge accordingly, but not really be true believers in natural cat care, nor have much expertise on this type of care.
Holistic Cat Care and Conventional Vet Care Care – The Best of Both Worlds
I’ve found it’s worked best for me, to be associated with both a knowledgeable, compassionate and competent conventional cat care vet and a holistic vet.
That way, I have the best of both worlds: a vet to help me give my team the best life plan possible, including a suitable diet along with care for issues that creep up from time to time, along with a conventional style vet who is there when accidents happen or things go wrong fast.
Do consider holistic veterinary cat care for your cat. If you connect with a skilled, compassionate vet which specializes in natural cat care, you can be sure you are giving your fur babies the greatest chance at a happy, healthy life.